Hello,
I am fairly new to open street maps and am interested in a Skype/Zoom call to
discuss the basics, and/or answers to some questions that will help me make
some shoreline refinements and address some terrain description issues. I am
working in Victoria BC, Canada but these questions are about general mapping
principles.

1. Several different feature and administrative borders converge on the
shoreline, so it is difficult to see the reference aerial photography so I can
make changes to the shore line. Is it possible to temporarily hide some
features, or reduce the intrusion of the other borders while doing this work? I
was thinking I could move the administrative boundaries off shore a short
distance but not sure of the protocol around this. Is the some imported
shoreline data set that defines the shore, or is this all done manually? I
don’t want to be making changes then have it revert if someone else downloads
Shoreline data set.

2. Just south of Shawnigan Lake there is a long arbitrary east west feature
border that delineates forest to the north, but does not align with actual
features or administrative boundaries. I’m wanting to modify that forest area
to indicate an area recently cleared for residential development and a forest
block within that, and to map general forested areas south of that  Not sure of
the best strategy.

3. There are some common terrain features, some of which are in the
international library but not on the library accessible to me...or at least, I
can’t find them. How do I import or activate these features so I can apply them
to local terrain. E.g storm water outfall, lake, pond, creek, beach access,
undeveloped road right of way...

Thanks.

---Dan Doherty d1dohe...@gmail.com