On Fri, 27 Sep 2019 at 20:43, John Whelan <jwhelan0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Stat Can data comes directly from the municipalities so each municipality
> will have a different quality of data.  The Microsoft and NR Can data maybe
> more consistent.

Statcan could improve the data and make it more consistent. On this
front I agree with the dissenters - I appreciate that Statcan has put
the licence stamp on the data, but otherwise they're basically
throwing it over the fence and hoping people do work for them for
free. I personally don't care about 89 degree angles, but it's tough
to argue in Statcan's favour here.

> Both your input and Nate's are useful in that at least they confirm my
> thoughts that there is little chance of moving forward on a Canada wide basis.
>
> Hopefully the Toronto mappers can sort something out for Toronto and the rest
> will follow in time.

As a Toronto mapper, I'm happy to load data into JOSM and press Q on
it if that's approved, but for sake of mental health I will not be
posting to the imports mailing list.

> I seem to recall Montreal thought it would sort something out internally was
> it as soon as they reached three mappers per square kilometer?

Last I recall from Montreal on this mailing list, they were saying
they added about 2500 buildings per month by hand. So they should be
done within 20 years. Maybe they've discussed more locally.

--Jarek