From: Jim <jful...@gmail.com>
Date: 2011/8/26
Subject: [HOT] Geoeye Foundation
To: h...@openstreetmap.org

You probably know about this already, but in case you haven’t:  GeoEye, a
satellite imagery provider, has a non-profit 501(c)(3) entity that
distributes archival raw satellite imagery data (and that could mean 1 day
old in some cases) to educational institutions and non profits.  There’s an
application process to fill out, and can be found at;
http://www.geoeyefoundation.org/.

The reason I know about this is I took a tour of GeoEye headquarters in
Herndon, VA., including their satellite control center and met and talked
with the person who’s in charge of the foundation.  So if you’re interested
and represent HOT, if might be worth the effort in applying for imagery data
for some of the projects, like Somalia.

Cheers,