Předmět: OSM area fixing initiative
Datum: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 14:20:48 +0100
Od: Jochen Topf <joc...@remote.org>
Komu: Miroslav Suchy <miros...@suchy.cz>, Ladislav Laska
<krakonos+...@krakonos.org>, Martin Tesař <osm...@gmail.com>, Dalibor
Jelínek <dali...@dalibor.cz>

Hi!

I have started an "OSM area fixing initiative". We are trying to fix all
broken (multi)polygons in OSM. A lot more detail is at
http://area.jochentopf.com/.

You are the only people I know (from Elbe-Labe-Meeting) in the Czech
Republic, so I'll write to you, in the hope that you can forward this
to the wider Czech community and get them involved. We need all the help
we can get.

There is a lot to do in the Czech Republic and the world, but I wanted
to make you aware of one particlar issue: There are about 5000 duplicate
nodes in Prague, a large part of the 25000 duplicate nodes in the world.
You can see this here:
http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=areas&lon=14.47499&lat=50.08817&zoom=11&overlays=duplicate_node

This is probably from some kind of import. If the import is still
ongoing it should be taken into account.

These are actually not that hard to fix. See "Fixing duplicate nodes" at
http://area.jochentopf.com/fixing.html#fixing-duplicate-nodes

I appreciate any help!

Jochen
--