Betreff: [OSM-talk] Up-to-Date, Minutely Mapnik Bookmarklet
Datum: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 07:08:55 -0500
Von: Christopher Schmidt <crschm...@metacarta.com>
An: t...@openstreetmap.org

Hi,

After a recent spate of OSM activity, especially with regards to
rendering and so on, I've put together a bookmarklet designed to help
visualize changes to OSM data in Mapnik more rapidly.

http://labs.metacarta.com/osm/up-to-date/

"Using osmosis, osm2pgsql, and Mapnik, a bookmarklet which will draw the
'current' state of the database, delayed by less than 10 minutes. Simply
press this button, and an image will be drawn over the map showing the
current state of the database."

You simply drag the bookmarklet to your browser bookmarks toolbar, and
click it on any OSM map: InformationFreeway, main map, /browse/ pages,
etc.

I believe that all the kinks of this particular service have been
worked out at this point, though I'm happy to take any feedback or
criticism you have. (Please CC me on any important feedback.)

Best Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta