Subject: [OSM-talk] Wheelmap.org
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 08:38:29 -0430
From: Richard Weait <rich...@weait.com>
To: t...@openstreetmap.org

Hi All,

Just saw wheelmap.org for the first time.  It uses an OSM basemap to
emphasize wheelchair accessible locations.  It looked really good to
me, until their server appeared to crumble under the load of their new
traffic.  I was unable to determine their base-location but the site
language appears to be German.

Before they became unavailable I was able to get a quick look at their
html source.  They use the Usual Suspects:

<script src="http://www.openlayers.org/api/OpenLayers.js";
type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="http://www.openstreetmap.org/openlayers/OpenStreetMap.js";
type="text/javascript"></script>

and they appear to be trying to Do The Right Thing with cc-by-sa

<dt>Lizenz:</dt>
<dd>
Karten, Daten:
class="cc-by-sa">Namensnennung-Weitergabe unter gleichen Bedingungen
2.0 US-amerikanisch (nicht portiert)</a>

I was not able to see the license details on the page when I could
reach the site.  I wonder if a German-speaking OSMer could gently
offer them some support and advice to wheelmap.org?  Perhaps help them
with their css, and refine the attribution to include "OSM.org and
contributors".  To be sure, they have a bigger problem right now with
perhaps more traffic than they expected.