Hi,
I don't know which city has the highest density of drinking fountains.
However, in the city I'm from (Zaragoza) we have an active OSM local group
called Mapeado Colaborativo <https://mapcolabora.org/> (of which I'm one of
the coordinators), we have open meetings and workshops regularly
<http://meetup.com/mapcolabora> (although I'm not there in person, as I am
currently studying abroad in Turkey for one academic year, my colleagues
will be able to help). We can help organize any event, and for sure a
fountain hunt seems like a good idea!

We can keep in contact and explore future possibilities.

Yours,
Héctor