From: Tom Chance <t...@acrewoods.net>
Sent: 13 March 2019 08:48:51
To: Joseph Leach
Cc: talk-gb-london@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Talk-gb-london] bulk importing london open data to osm

Hi Joe,

This would be great. Welcome to the list. I used to work at the GLA (2009-16)
and am glad to see you proposing this.

Others will have a better idea of the process, but I'd think a first step would
be to create a wiki page and set out the datasets you have, indicating for each
one any licensing conditions/issues, what fields you'd import and a check on
the current data already existing.

On the latter point, for example, there are already quite a few charging
stations mapped (https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/GVx) and we wouldn't want to
duplicate those with your import. You can either go through them one by one,
deleting duplicates from your dataset before importing (or merging data to add
new fields), or stick the dataset up and invite people to manually check and
copy across each charging station.

Tom

m: 07866 447 075
w: http://tomchance.org<http://tomchance.org/>

On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 at 22:51, Joseph Leach