Hello everyone and happy long weekend!

I'd like to launch a campaign to collect accurate London tube exit
information and how to get there from the platform. The exits are typically
already in OSM, but often they are only labelled partially.
I do think that features (such as exits and platforms) should be labelled
by what is visible on the platform. Sure, station codes can be included as
well, but for the user, at least some of the label has to correspond to
what they see at that location.

Could we get broad agreement on how to label tube exits and (ideally) what
should be included in the description?

For example, this node:  https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/5109686507. It
was previously called Algate East, which is correct, but not specific. I've
labelled this now as "Aldgate East, Exit 1". However, at the station, the
exit is actually labelled  "Exit 1. High Street (south side), Leman Street,
Conference forum." I do think that including the station name is good for
searching, and I do not think it will confuse users.

*Proposal. *London tube exits should be labeled by station name plus the
actual exit label (where available), i.e., exit name on OSM would be:
"Aldgate East, Exit 1. High Street (south side), Leman Street, Conference
forum."

This label would work for people travelling from the platform to the exits
(as they'll see the sign). Because the sign includes landmarks, this lable
would also make sense for people entering the station.

How do people feel about this proposal? Would this be acceptable? Any views?

Many thanks!
Björn