In the case of a museum which is tagged as a node, inside a building
closedway, I would be inclined to give both the node and the building the
same Wikidata tag.

I created Lua code which can be included on a Wikipedia page, which uses
Overpass API to show where that  'museum' is mapped on Openstreetmap.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Module:OSM

At the moment I'm adding wikidata tags to railway stations in Belgium
(Thanks to Simon04, who made doing so a bit more practical: THANKS), so I
add the same wikidata identifier to both the building=train_station and the
node railway=station, and sometimes to the nearby bus stops as well, if
they have station in their names.

That way, somebody who uses the script, will get to see all the OSM objects
that are related to the railway station.

At some point it may happen that the separate bus stops will have wikidata
items of their own, at that time, they can be updated in OSM and their
relation to the station can then probably be found in Wikidata.

It's time consuming, but I tend to do this one by one. There are often
things that can be mapped in better ways around those stations.

What we do need, is a way to fetch wikidata items based on their
coordinates in the Wikipedia plugin, now only Wikpedia articles of the
language set in the preferences are retrieved.

Polyglot