Hi everyone

I'd like to open a discussion here first before opening it to talkgb and
talkimport

The raw data can be found here
<https://data.birmingham.gov.uk/dataset/birmingham-vms>

It covers the West Midlands and parts of the M1 and M69 also

Licence is OGL

I've edited the data to give lat/lons and I've added operator tags based on
Motorway/Trunk being Highways England and everything else BCC.
I've put a copy on Dropbox
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/pm7knu938aqpjhg/Birmingham%20VMS%20locations.csv?dl=0>
so you can review the data.
I'd welcome feedback on what to tag the Short Description column

Issues:

VMS tagging is a mess so I'll no doubt have to wade through a tagging
proposal. The most sensible approach was discussed here
<https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2015-October/027155.html>
I've not checked against against existing OSM data which I suspect is
patchy and given the tagging mess difficult to do a taginfo or ovepass query

What do you all think? Is it worth pursuing?

Regards

Brian