On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 9:04 PM, Mike <osm-talk...@norgie.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 10:51:41AM +0100, Jonathan Bennett wrote:
> > Mike wrote:
> > > Folks,
> > >
> > > Does anyone know what the state of play is with the XAPI servers?
> > > According to the status page, Hypercube is b0rked, OSM is still on v5
> > > and bearstech is running with stale data.
> > >
> > > Are there any other servers?  Are the others likely to return to full
> > > service?
> >
> > I don't have an answer to that, I'm afraid, but I would be interested in
> > knowing when people think a paid-for XAPI service with an SLA will be
> > viable?
> >

> What services levels would you foresee offering and how much do you
> think it would cost?  I'd be willing to pay if it would help improve the
> service.
>
> What has happened to the current three XAPI server?  I know about
> Hypercube but why are the others currently down?  I'm happy to help out
> if there is anything I can do to help get them back online.

Bearstech was being used for testing.  It is now being brought on-line, but
this is taking a while because the database is a month out of date and it
will take a while to be fully current.

xapi.osm.org is a tiny server and doesn't really have the horsepower to do
the job.  It was left on 0.5 and will probably remain that way until we have
some decent servers running a proper service.

80n