Robert,
I know what you mean - the idea of including lots of things in a single
application sounds good.
My problem with it is that it also makes it complicated.  Thing of GPSMid
for J2ME - it is a nice navigation program with some map info collecting
features.  Unfortunately you have to go  through a lot of menus to get to
them.  In the end I re-defined the shortcut keys to make navigation harder
but map info collecting easier.

I tend to think about how to use it  when cycling along, so one handed
operation is essential, and lots of menus to navigate get dangerous!

It probably depends on how well written the UI is, and if it is configurable
for what you do a lot.

Graham

--
Dr. Graham Jones