On 23 May 2010 20:00, TimSC <mapp...@sheerman-chase.org.uk> wrote:

> I guess the fundamental question is, is this
> quicker than doing the whole thing manually?

For buildings that are semi-detached or terraces, the terracer plugin seems
to pay attention to the order the nodes were created/numbered, and thus on
which side to split the building up (I suppose if it's fairly
square-shaped). I don't see that a colour-reading auto-tracer could decide
on which side to start drawing the building.
For this reason I think it is quicker to use the building plugin to trace
and then be ready to split up for numbering.

But don't let me discourage your work and anyone who would find it useful.
It is probably that this case is based on my current mapping of lots of
square-ish buildings that are often semi-detached.

Actually, we haven't thought if this would be helpful in any areas if
altered for use on ponds/lakes (not really rivers broken by many bridges)
and/or green woods/parks.

--
Gregory
o...@livingwithdragons.com