On 20/01/2011 05:59, Graham Jones wrote:
I just added navigable rivers and it looks a bit more like a network now.
There are still a few odd gaps to investigate though.

The gaps are most likely due to missing boat=yes tags. I noticed that one river I mapped had a couple of gaps & sure enough, no boat=yes.

I encourage all riparian mappers to re-visit their efforts & differentiate between navigable & non-navigable waterways. This applies to canals as well as rivers, since many neglected or disused canals are unnavigable even though they may still be wet.