Can our resident waterways experts comment on the most appropriate tagging
for navigable rivers in the UK?

For example, I see you’re allowed to use a boat on the Thames along
navigable parts with a license… does that mean it should be “boat=yes” or
“boat=permissive”?

http://www.visitthames.co.uk/uploads/FAQs%20FINAL%20web%20PDF.pdf

Should I gaily assume that the stretch of the Thames between Reading and
Henley (a favourite walk in my student days and some of my first mapping) is
all navigable with the same permissions given that there are plenty of gin
palaces cruising up and down, or should I leave it to somebody who can
survey the stretch with a sound knowledge of waterway rights?

Tom Chance