>So if you wanted a map that highlights byways, you'd just need to make
>sure that the stylesheet noticed those tags and chose the rendering
>occasionally. I _think_ Nick W's Freemap does this already. Personally I
>think it's fairly unlikely for either Mapnik or Osmarender, because
>they're worldwide stylesheets. But you can always ask!

Yes, it does recognise designation=public_byway, restricted_byway, byway,
byway_open_to_all_traffic, and will render them in red. However (Ben, in
response to your earlier question) it doesn't re-render instantly. The
tileserver has been very generously provided by, and is managed, Swansea
University Computer Society,  and re-renders a tile (I believe) one day after
it's requested.

So patience! ;-)

Nick