Michael Collinson <mike@...> writes:

>Ordnance Survey has explicitly considered any licensing conflict between
>their license and ODbL and "has no objections to geodata derived in part
>from OS OpenData being released under the Open Database License 1.0."

As I understand it the objection was not so much whether the data can be
distributed under the ODbL but whether the contributor terms (which under some
reasonable interpretations allow OSMF to distribute under a different licence
in future) are compatible.

You have previously given your personal interpretation of the CTs, which is that
a contributor need only assert that data is compatible with the *current*
licence
terms (and so might be incompatible with some putative future licence).  Will
there be official confirmation from OSMF backing up this interpretation?

If not, is there a means for people to click 'I accept the CTs, subject to the
interpretation posted on the talk-gb mailing list'?

--
Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com>