On 13/09/2012 13:30, Gregory wrote:
> Other city suggestions (I would still help loads!)?

Although everyone is going to do this, I'd like to suggest Guildford,
where I live. The things is has going for it is:

* less than an hour from both Heathrow and Gatwick for international
attendees.
* 40 minutes by train from that there London
* Rail connections from Reading for the civilised parts of the country
* The A3 trunk road (by OSM *and* DfT definitions) runs right through
the town, connecting with the M25 and the south coast.
* So does the Wey Navigation, so RichardF can even get there
* The University of Surrey is an established conference venue, with
low-cost accommodation on-site
* The town & campus are already well-mapped
* Alan Turing used to live here
* There's some *fantastic* cycle routes around here...

Thoughts?

--
Jonathan (Jonobennett)