The rules for places of worship differ from other amenities in that
there is a strong diktat that only the actual building (where there is
a building) should be tagged.  This seems to be partially backed up by
an assumption that all places of worship are medieval churches with
graveyards, so that the surrounding grounds can be tagged as a
cemetery.  That simply isn't true for even most of the Christian
churches around me, let alone for other religions.

The specific case I have in mind is what I call the Ealing Road
Temple** <http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/27748245>, which was
under construction for a long time, and probably is still not
complete, but has been operating for over a year.  The grounds for
this are tagged as landuse=construction, with no details of the actual
building.  According to the rules, one needs to map the building and
mark that as a place_of_worship, but what does one do with the site
that it is on?  Simply removing it would be destroying real
information.  Leaving it as it is would no longer reflect the true
state.

** It does have a name, but, until I next get down there, I'd have to
rely on Google for that.