On 29/09/13 18:52, OpenStreetmap HADW wrote:
> On 29 September 2013 18:27, Andrew <andrewhain...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>> OpenStreetmap HADW <osmhadw@...> writes:
>>
>>> My own assumption is that they are not a valid source, but I've just
>>> discovered one route, by a contributor who has added several bus
>>> routes, where their bus route finder web site has been quoted as a
>>> source from version 1 of the relation.
>>
>> Have you tried contacting the mapper?
>
> I sent them a message expressing concern just before posting to the list.
>
> I'm really after moral backing that this is a breach, as I'd be surprised if
> they took my word for it.  They have an investment in quite a few bus routes
> that they, probably, wouldn't want redacted.

I am the mapper who created that particular relation and I definitely
rode that bus in both directions, so the only information gleaned from
the TfL website is the existence of the route. I even took photos of my
hand-scribbled notes and saved them with the gpx files in case it ever
needs proving.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention - I'll be sure to check such
things more carefully in the future. I can't recall how that source tag
came to be there - I can only assume that being one of the first few
relations I ever did, I had copied it from another relation and edited it.

What's the safest way to proceed with this - delete the relation
entirely and create a new one from my notes?

-Kevin