On 2014-06-08 1:28 PM, Rob Nickerson wrote:
>What would you consider a "demonstration of success" exactly?
>
>Tom

Tom,

Measuring the success of a bot can be done in the same way that the success is measured in a statistical model; Type I and Type II errors. So for example, if the test is to attach wikidata tags to churches then:

Measured that way, I could code a bot that sets name=foo for all objects with a name tag. Assuming I'm decent at coding, I could have zero Type I and Type II errors, and by those criteria this mechanical edit would be a success.

Success should be measured against the reasons for the mechanical edit. Adding wikidata tags isn't the reason, it's what it does.