I think the name tag should show what is written on the shop sign. Some of your suggested changes do this. For example, as far as I know Waterstones never has an apostrophe. However, some of the proposed changes look like doing the opposite: e.g. the signs do say "M&S Simply Food" not "Marks & Spencer Simply Food" (if my memory is correct).

The changes to Co-op names look problematic, because they vary around the country (unless they've been standardised very recently). Locally the one in my home town (Stapleford, Nottingham) is 'The Co-operative Food', another a few miles down the road in Castle Donington for a long time just said 'Co-op', until it changed to 'The Co-operative Food' in the last year or two ago. Unless you have strong evidence they have all been standardised recently, I don't think they should be changed.

Cheers,
Will