> >I have made a large update to the UK retail chain page:
> > https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/UK_Retail_Chains

I am not sure that this is on topic here, but I didn't see the Post
Office there. Presumably it now counts now as a private business,
although perhaps not quite "retail".

Our local main office has just closed and moved to a shop within a
shop (W H Smith in this case). A quick wiki search didn't get a hit
on how to tag this sort of sub shop, although I know, of course, that
this is a common situation with department stores.

Is there an agreed way to tag this? Just add amenity=post_office
to the to the same node as the shop tag? Or add a second node? Or
something else?

ael