On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 19:27:11 +0000
Chris Hill <o...@raggedred.net> wrote:

> We in OSM can do SO much better and we must not use the imaginary,
> spurious and wholly wrong concept of Royal Fail's postal town. Postal
> towns are not real and have no place in OSM.

Okay, now I'm confused! I know what Royal Mail considers my address to
be and that includes a post town. If post towns have "no place in OSM"
then presumably we have either adopted another addressing standard or
created our own. Can someone please point me in the direction of a
document describing how addresses in OpenStreetMap are derived?

Andy Street