hi,

SK53 schrieb:
Hi Dan,

I've had enough trouble with cherry trees on the north side of
Cambridge: you really need flowers, leaves & fruit to be able to do them
properly! Some are flowering cherries (loosely /Prunus serratula/,
others are passable eaters or jam makers, so presumably cultivars of
/Prunus avium/); and plenty are on a /Prunus avium/ rootstock even if
other kinds of cherry.

but when its a project and their talking about varieties, there will be a contact person, how knows specie, variety, sort

natural:tree
type=broad_leafed
species=Prunus avium
species:en=Cherry
height=8.5

and I think very importend is, to fix or remember or register the kind or *sort of fruit*, because there are so many and often they become forgotten by time.

simular for beer with brewery=

may be use a tag like
brand=
for the predominant aspect.

and
brand:rootstock=

may be, we should add it to the tree-wiki-tag?
(upcomming, in times of genetic 'illusions' or 'hightspreads' ;)  )

see too:
<http://mundraub.org/map>

and additional:
picking=self
fee=no

best,
t.

Jerry

On 7 December 2014 at 20:09, Dan S
<danstowell+...@gmail.com
<mailto:danstowell+...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hi all,

    I heard of something that will be fun for someone who likes mapping
    trees!

    There's a project in Cambridge that is planting many apple trees, one
    of each variety, in a pattern centred around the south of Cambridge.
    It's said to be an art project called "Cambridge Community
    Collection":
    http://www.cambridgecommunitycollection.co.uk/

    So, some lucky people near Cambridge have an opportunity to deploy
    their advanced tree tagging skills :)

    Best
    Dan