I know that "tagging for the renderer" is not particularly helpful,
however, might it be appropriate in this instance to map the significant
slopes around the edges of the crater with man_made=embankment ?  There are
slopes there in reality, and they are made by human activity (even if not
intentionally).

Interesting to read about this too, I don't know about it before.

On 10 January 2015 at 10:14, Marc Gemis <marc.ge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the links. an interesting read.

> On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 10:18 AM, SomeoneElse <li...@atownsend.org.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> On 10/01/2015 08:34, Marc Gemis wrote:
>>
>>> The German wiki on historic items [1] uses historic=bomb_crater. They
>>> are displayed on the geschichtskarte [2] (sorry I don't know an example).
>>> They also refer to taginfo [3]. But I don't know whether the one you are
>>> referring to has historic value
>>>

>> Thanks - that's exactly what it is.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/en:RAF_Fauld_explosion?uselang=en-GB
>>
>> Some of the pictures here give an idea of the size and the depth:
>>
>> http://www.helenlee.co.uk/tutbury/fauld.html
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Andy

Donald Noble