Hello,

I've subscribed to this message list because I'm looking around to see if there
is any organised UK group which deals with HOT projects. I believe this is a US
based NGO setup to coordinate the use of OSM for disaster relief efforts after
major events such as the recent earthquakes in Nepal.

Whilst I'd love to be doing OSM edits in my spare time I've been struggling to
find time to get involved with job changes and children over the past 5 years
or so. I would very much like to get involved with mapping for disaster
recovery and my current employer permits us to take time off work for voluntary
causes. I suspect they would approve of my doing a day to help the disaster
recovery processes and it seems that HOT is the international group which
organises that effort on OSM. In order to do this I need be able to explain to
my employer what I would be doing and who I would be doing it for.

I wondered if there is a formal group for HOT in the UK and if anyone runs UK
based training following the http://learnosm.org material setup by HOT?

Best Regards,

Paul Wittle

"This e-mail is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain
information about individuals or other sensitive information and should be
handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to
receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to
anyone else. If you have received this email in error, kindly disregard the
content of the message and notify the sender immediately. Please be aware that
all email may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with
relevant legislation."