On 18 August 2015 at 12:40, Tom Hughes <t...@compton.nu> wrote:
> On 18/08/15 12:16, Bob Kerr wrote:
>
>> I am just about to post an advert in the big issue for our International
>> Development Fair
>>
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map_Scotland_2015/Day_1
>>
>> and I get to save paying vat if I have a charity number. I know the
>> Openstreetmap Foundation company number
>>
>> https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Main_Page
>>
>> Does anyone have any suggestions or will I just have to pay the VAT
>

> OSMF is not a charity, so there is no charity number.

For clarity... OpenStreetMap Foundation is registered as a
not-for-profit organisation, but not (yet) registered as a charity.

Becoming a charity would be a significant burden on the
reporting/operating of the foundation, with unclear benefits. If
anyone has experience setting up and running a UK charity, the OSMF
board would be interested in having a chat.

Kind regards,

Grant