Hi,

I made a number of adjustments around the transport terminus at Gatwick Airport
South Terminal yesterday. When this was first mapped, what is actually three
buildings (the railway station, the covered travelators from the bus station &
car parks, and the southern stairs from the railway platforms) were all mapped
as one building, and the platforms were “inserts” into the gaps rather than
being the continuous entities that they are. So I have separated those all out,
and made the platforms a continuous block. I also added internal escalators and
travelators, although that is immaterial to the question that I’m about to ask.

The buildings are all mapped as layer=1, and the platforms without any layer
tag (which should default them to layer=0, AFAIK). So why are the platforms and
rail tracks (which I haven’t touched) been rendered over the buildings, rather
than under them?

See http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/51.15634/-0.16124

Thanks
Stuart