On Mon, 19 Sep 2016, Stuart Reynolds wrote:

> There are some major redevelopment works just starting in central
> Lincoln. The old bus station has closed, and a number of streets and
> car parks between it and the rail station are now shut for the
> construction of the new transport hub. In the meantime, there is a
> temporary bus station to the south of the station.
>
> To reflect all of this, I need to tag the affected roads, car parks,
> and existing bus stops. I’m sure that the wrong thing to do would be
> to simply delete everything that is soon to depart - although if
> anything is most likely to want deleting it is the old bus stops - but
> what is the right way? Tagging the roads as access=no is simple
> enough, with a note, because I’m not sure (yet) of the end status. But
> is there a preferred way, and what about the car parks and the old bus
> station? How should that be dealt with.

If the items no longer function as how they are described, and not will
come back, I would delete them right away. It makes no sense to have
"broken" objects in the database. And then add "landuse=construction"
around the area.

If it's temporary, then... "it depends". access=no works for the roads.
Not sure about other clever tags :-)

cheers,
Derick