Nice listings. Fixed the Birmingham ones close to me.

Cheers
Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) [mailto:robert.whittaker+...@gmail.com]
Sent: 18 October 2016 00:42
To: talk-gb
Subject: [Talk-GB] UK Postcode Analysis

As I've been adding quite a few new addr:postcode tags as part of the quarterly
project to use the FHRS data, I began wondering what the overall state of
addr:postcode tags was in the UK. I've started doing a bit of analysis, which
has began by checking the OSM postcodes against the Code-Point Open dataset.

The first output I've produced is a list of likely errors where addr:postcode
values either do not have the appropriate formatting or do not match an entry
in Code-Point Open. There's quite a large number of such errors, although it's
pretty small as a percentage of the total addr:postcode tags.

If you're interested, have a look at
http://robert.mathmos.net/osm/postcodes/osm-errors.html and see if you can help
by fixing any of them. Some will be errors in source data, but others could
well be typos and transcription errors.

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker