Does anyone have any idea how best (if at all) to tag "mobile" caterers - e.g.
Burger vans and variants thereof?

Some mobile caterers are truly mobile going to various events - and so
obviously not for inclusion in OSM, however some are trade from a fixed
location (or may be a couple?) although the mobile van will only physically be
there around the actual opening hours. And then some practically never move at
all[1].

I've been wary (thus never done it) about adding such places as
'amenity=fast_food' for things that would not necessarily be physically there.

It seems to me the criteria is that the service would operate from some sort of
hatch, such that the customer would be outside for both the ordering and
consuming of goods - and theoretically the operator could easily move.

So:

"takeaway=only"
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:seating&action=edit&redlink=1>

and/or<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:seating&action=edit&redlink=1>

"seating<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:seating&action=edit&redlink=1>=no<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:seating%3Dno&action=edit&redlink=1>"

+

"order=outside" ??

and/or

"caterer=mobile" ??

This is not strictly FHRS related, but they should have an FHRS entry.

[1]
http://ratings.food.gov.uk/business/en-GB/68231/Mick's-Monster-Burgers-Portsmouth

/<http://ratings.food.gov.uk/business/en-GB/68231/Mick%27s-Monster-Burgers-Portsmouth>

http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2494365584

(This place is open 24/7 and a large container but the wheels seem permanently
deflated, so hard to tell how movable it really is!)

--
Be Seeing You - Rob.
If at first you don't succeed,