Normally places are mapped with both a boundary and node.

A node is certainly needed for navigation and should be somewhere sensible,
normally the centre is where someone who puts the placename into a satnav would
expect to end up, rather than a housing estate in the geographical centre.

Phil (trigpoint)

--
Sent from my Jolla