On 21/04/17 11:47, Andy Townsend wrote:

If you're using osm2pgsql to load a rendering database, then you could
probably use the lua tag transforms and do something with roles for
relations in there.  I've not done anything with relation roles myself,

It was an interesting exercise to play with it yesterday, but I concluded it's only useful if you want to play with the tags applied to the whole relation. Not just parts of the relation. So I could look at the role, and the tags associated with the members, but not actually change what is put into the database for only some of the route/relation.

Anyway. I noticed on your maps you have multiple ldpnwn labels along the routes, like the Cumbria Way, and Coast to Coast. I've been unable to get more than one or two labels. I've been searching but it's usually the other way around - you have too many labels and need to space them out. Is there a trick I'm missing?

Thanks
Beth