On 25/04/17 10:44, Dave F wrote:
Unsure how you expect this site to reduce litter. It's not going to
prevent people dropping their waste & it's more productive to contact
your local authority to get fly-tipping debris removed.

+1

Also, by looking at sites that already collect this sort of information, e.g. FixMyStreet.com, one would conclude that the map you get will show the locations of concerned individuals, not a complete picture of the litter, and that, where there is a picture, it can be predicted from local sociological and environmental conditions, that are probably already well known to the relevant council employees, and their refuse collection companies.

My guess would be that the areas with the worst littering problems have relatively few concerned individuals, and, in any case, the number of individuals sufficiently interested to spend the time needed to lock up a GPS and take the photographs, is too few to get even 1% coverage.

(I also found the animation annoying, and possibly even disability discrimination violations, and found it difficult work out what you were really doing. I'm still not completely sure.