On 10 August 2017 at 15:11, Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:

> On 10/08/17 14:32, Miguel Sevilla-Callejo wrote:
> > Please, came to Wales and have a look of the bilingual situation within
> > your country.
> My origins are the Isle of Man and Manx is an even less used language
> than Welsh but is being added back to signs! I'm up in North Wales next
> week ... and make regular trips down the M50 and on into South Wales ...

Great, so you know...

> > You could have an idea of how it is going the language issue here
> > following the legal situation. Let's have a look of Welsh Language
> > (Wales) Measure 2011 (part 1):
> >
> > " [...] the treatment of the Welsh language no less favourably than the
> > English language;"
> >
> > I expect the same for my favourite spatial and free data base...
>
> The whole point is that political disputes arise world wise, so the
> simple rule is 'map what you see' ...

I'm agree with you. It's what I do.

Yes, fieldwork and local knowledge it is our best tool over other mapping
project.

with regards 'Queens Square' I see
> from Google that there MAY have been a bus terminus at some point in
> time, but that no longer exists? I would presume that the slip road in
> front of the town hall was the actual location, but that 'Queen's
> Square' consists off the green areas and possibly the forecourt of the
> town hall. THAT is not easy to decide by observation, but the Road tags
> do not need to be changed, just the footpaths and park area added and
> tagged ... local knowledge is required to interpret the signs ... at the
> very least the slip road needs adding on OSM.

I'll take more photos, will upload to Mapillary and I'll try to fix the
area.

By the way, do you know better imagery over this area? Satellite ones are
no so good.

I'm looking for more local collaborators in the time I'm visiting the
University... Let's see.

Bests

Miguel