Hi

Overpass lets you search for things like this, and then export them into
JOSM. You can do it via http://overpass-turbo.eu/ - but to do it
case-insensitively, you need to know this tip with regular expressions:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_API/Overpass_QL#Key.2Fvalue_matches_regular_expression_.28.7E.22key_regex.22.7E.22value_regex.22.29

So what I'd do is:
1. In overpass-turbo, construct the query using case-insensitive regular
expressions: [~"^ref:Chiltern_Society$"~".",i] - if you follow this link
you'll see I've done it
http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/r4W
You can click "Run" to execute this query.
2. I'd suggest lowercase is the best thing to go for.
3. After you have run the query, click "Export" and load it into JOSM. In
JOSM you can then use the program's own search tool to select all the
objects which use that key, and you can then convert them all in one go.
You can then upload.
It's possible that some would find this upload controversial: editing over
1000 objects in a single find-and-replace is verging on the kind of
automated edit which many people would say needs community approval. In
this case since it's a specific region and if as you say it's your own
edits you're revisiting, you might be OK...? Not sure.

Best
Dan