I certainly prefer to take geo-referenced photos and upload them
through a script rather than use an app that deletes them. I at least
have a backup, and can refer back to find street or shop names that
mapillary has chosen to blur.

I have also discovered that mapillary has its own community, some of
whom set rules such as the car not being visible. I did have a sequence
 I took hidden (now lost) by someone in the mid-west. Its a lot easier
to hide the vehicle if you drive a large pickup.

The sequence was on Furteventura, so not easy to do it again.

Unlike OSM there is no way to contact another user, and the username
didn't match an osm username.

Also using a sequence camera app allows it to run in the background, so
the screen can be used for other stuff such as OSMand or maps.me.
Useful if you are somewhere you have never been before and will
probably never go again.

Phil (trigpoint)