Hi all,

There has been a lot of discussion about how best to add third party Shell
petrol station data to OSM. Based on your feedback Ilya has developed a
Community Validation tool [1][2].

Given that one of the core objectives of the UK OSM Chapter is to "promote
and facilitate the release by organisations in the United Kingdom of data
that is suitable for use in OpenStreetMap" I'd like to get your feedback on
this. In particular would it be ok for OSMUK to use this as an example of
one (of many) "good" ways to add 3rd party data?
I've opened a thread on Loomio so that you can +1 or -1. Please note it's
not a vote on Ilya's Shell project - this is purely me wanting to judge the
feelings of the OSM community.

https://www.loomio.org/d/2ur3xVew/how-happy-are-we-with-community-validation-tool-

Feel free to post on here too but it would be nice if you do not sit on the
fence!!

Thanks,
*Rob*

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Conflator#Community_Validation