On 29/12/2017 08:30, Adam Snape wrote:
Hi,

I don't think we would delete a postcode found in other Open Data just on the basis of it not being in Codepoint Open; the error could lie in Codepoint Open itself. I suggest that a FIXME would be appropriate where two sources appear to contradict each other.

There are two open data sources of postcodes: Codepoint Open and the ONS Postcode Database. Ultimately, both of those are populated from Royal Mail data, since it's RM that assigns postcodes. So if CPO and ONSPD agree that a postcode is deleted (and I'm not aware of any instance in which they've disagreed), that's canonical.

I think a FIXME is probably a good solution here; hopefully there will be somebody on the ground who can verify the correct postcode simply by comparison with known postcodes for neighbouring properties (since a filling station isn't going to be large enough to have a single-user postcode).

Mark