Thanks Jerry and Andy,

Plenty to keep me going there :)

I'm getting on fairly well with transforming Ordnance Survey open styles
from Geoserver SLD (xml) to Mapnik XML as they are fairly similar. The OSM
styles are helping me see how things could be styled.

Potentially I will generate some CartoCSS instead to give me something more
editable in the future.

Regards,
                Jez