Looking at the OSM website results from Free the Postcode are returned
entirely separately from Nominatim. I therefore think it is a separate
search engine called by the website. Furthermore I could not find any
strings related to Free the Postcode on Nominatim github. AFAIK Nominatim
does search CodePoint Open, and has done so for some considerable time. I
just delivers an obfuscated postcode in the search results, but uses the
centroid.

Jerry