On 10/07/2018 23:10, Paul Norman wrote:
On 2018-07-10 2:00 PM, Mark Goodge wrote:
ESRI's free maps can be accessed as server-side tiles. See Leaflet-providers for some examples:

https://leaflet-extras.github.io/leaflet-providers/preview/

I'm not sure of the licence restrictions which apply to them, or any rate limits. But, from a technical point of view, it's just as easy to use as OSM Carto tiles.

The ESRI layers listed on leaflet-providers are from a different host, and looking at URLs, I wasn't able to get raster tiles from the new vector basemap.

The ESRI layers are served from arcgisonline.com, which is one of ESRI's domains.

Mark