> Is this something that could be done over a series of evenings and a
couple of afternoons or is it a larger task?

I don't have a good feel for the scale of the task, but at a complete
guess, I'd say it's a couple of days on the ground and the same for data
entry, given the detail they are likely to want. But I think you'd have to
discuss that with them. I think it needs someone local who can go back
several times, and to be able to assess the scale before committing to it.

> Do they not have any architects' drawings they could share?

Quite possibly, but it depends on the copyright. I've found in the past
that sometimes contractors drawings are contaminated with Ordnance Survey,
and other times copyright is held the the contractor not the institution.
It would certainly help enormously.

David