On Sun, 2018-08-05 at 08:44 -0500, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> Rob Nickerson wrote:
> > Dave can you do the D class roads too. Someone has added these -
> > e.g: https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/52.21554/-1.87663
>
> That reminds me - there's some weird ones in Hillingdon too:
>    https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=15/51.5603/-0.3943
>
> Can anyone think of a location in mainland GB where
> tertiary/unclassified/residential roads _should_ have a (non-A/B[1])
> ref?
> Milton Keynes has its (signposted) H and V numbers for
> Horizontal/Vertical,
> but other than that I can't remember any.
>
> Richard

I don't think there are any. I believe there is guidance to local
authorities that these references should not be signed.

There is also the question of the source used, locally the source of
these references would be an overlay over an OS map labeled crown
copyright making such data incompatible with OSM. I assume that most
local authorities will use similar GIS systems?

Phil (trigpoint)