I’d not discount AIS. It’s deemed mostly for shipping because it’s mandatory if
a vessel is over 300 gross tonnage, but it can be applied to canal boats, and
even buildings!. An ais transponder is not the cheapest, typically £250-500,
and may not compare well with a vessel of that size.
People with a land based AIS receiver can usually share their feed on the
internet and get free access to a global api, otherwise you need to pay to
access the feed (similar to how you see in marinetraffic.com or
vesseltracker.com). A map can be embedded and filtered on the vessel(s) wanted,
if desired.

For your immediate needs, https://locatoweb.com/en/features appears to do
what’s wanted. An embeddable real time gps trace map for your website is
available.

This is not something I’ve ever had to use.. so I dunno if there are hidden
fees beyond signup. It just states:
Limitations
This service is expensive to maintain and we reserve the rights to block
excessive usage and abuse if necessary.
LocaToWeb can be used for business purposes, but then a Business Account is
required!

But whether that applies to you? I’m unsure.

Gareth