Well in most team communication channels (Facebook, WhatsApp, Slack,
Forums, etc etc) the emphasis is usually on the platform to make itself
simple and intuitive to use, rather than forcing the user to find work
arounds. I had thought this request was a very basic one, but alas I was
wrong. I shall crawl back under pile of spare floppy disks :-)

*Rob*