I have been seeing a lot of flooded tiles over the last week. Of course
doing a Cntrl+F5 on my browser refreshes the old tiles, so it's not
terrible.
Hopefully the current work now is avoiding that happening, as the country
"flooded" can look bad to new viewers. It was also annoying when I was out
of signal and OsmAnd seemed to have some tiles flooded.

For river coastlines, I believe The Thames is tidal as up as Teddington
lock. That would be even more excessive/impractical than Totnes, and have
all of central London be "by the sea".

For oddities with tidal marks, I don't know if the "Loe Bar" provides
anything interesting. It's a sand bar, on one side is the coast and on the
other is "The Loe" freshwater lake.

Thanks for your detailed help.
Gregory.

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 at 07:46, Devonshire <m...@fortyfivekev.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 11, 2019, at 10:41 PM, Borbus wrote:
>

> The Dart cuts the coastline off right at the mouth, which doesn't seem
> right...
>

> I think the main reason I did that back in the day is that mapping
> coastline all the way up to Totnes seems extremely non-intuitive. Someone
> standing on Totnes quay (10 miles inland) is not standing on the coast in
> any meaningful way.
>
> I don't really care either way but what would be the benefit of changing
> it to coastline (and slavishly copying the OS is not a benefit) ?
>
> Kevin

Gregory Marler
No More Grapes
07939 689 691