Could you clarify/give an example of what you mean by 'Community Maps''?

DaveF

On 16/09/2019 00:02, Luciën Greefkes via Talk-GB wrote:
Hello everyone,
I'm currently working on mapping the neighbourhoods of Welwyn Garden City.
For that I'd like to use an accurate resource, also not to miss out of any
(parts of) buildings.The standard aerial imagery provided in JOSM is in parts
not good to work with, too many shadows which make it literally impossible to
see contours of buildings.
The open data of Ordnance Survey is, as has been pointed out on the forums, too
global to work with.
On the other hand, there are the Community Maps. They contain very decent
shapes/contours of buildings. I would like to work with a layer like that to be
able to compare with aerial imagery.The community map of Welwyn Hatfield gives
Ordnance Survey as the source. I have sent a request to OS if they'd be willing
to share the data used for the community maps, because that will be a massive
aid in my current mapping project.
Has anyone had any experience with this, and what OS's stance on this is?
Cheers,
Luciën aka Lachgast